How to be a do it your self traveler and still work with a travel agent.

It's all about teamwork.


Once upon a time our wanderlust was piqued by National Geographic magazines that would roll out monthly editions showcasing magnificent and far away lands, exotic cultures and places one could never imagine visiting. I, myself, would pour my day dreams into those well crafted photos and imagine  that some day I would walk that walk of the traveler.

Fast forward to today, when the internet has literally brought the world into our hands. Instagram, blogs, Twitter, you name it,  the world wide web has brought us closer together and has made the world of travel that much more attainable. 

Millennial's are blazing the trail in travel; globe trotting and backpacking all over the place. They design their trips based on others experiences and suggestions, they want complete autonomy over their travel experience and for good reason. In this day and age of everyone wanting to be different and stand out amongst the masses, creating a travel experience for yourself that is unique to you and sharing it with the world becomes important for defining one's place in the world. 

Enter the role of a travel agent, particularly, THIS travel agent ( travel ambassador). There are many of you out there who think that the travel agent is a dying profession. 

"Who really needs a travel agent when I can just book it online?" 

There are many people who fear that if they work with a travel professional that their trip no longer becomes their own. I am here to tell you that when my clients decide to work with me, I make it very clear to them that I have no agenda in selling them something they don't want. I have no interest in creating the trip of MY dreams on their dime. That all being said, there's a lengthy conversation between myself and my travelers about how they visualize the experience they have yet to have. 



"In your mind, body, and soul, how do you want to FEEL on your trip?"
"What is it that you MUST accomplish on this journey?"
"Describe your ideal trip to me, based upon your research, your dreams, and visions?"


These are some of the questions I ask my travelers because we all know that when we pick a place to travel to, we have great expectations for our experience. We want to walk away from our trip feeling like we did everything ( and more) we had come to do. 

Personally, I find the enthusiasm of millennial and do- it your- self travelers inspiring. I have worked with many of these types of people who, after researching and researching their trip, they just couldn't pull it all together so they came to me.  These  are educated folks who know what they want and how they want to experience their trip. Our conversations are much more in depth as we both come to the table with knowledge about the destination, however, one of us ( the travel professional) has the where with all to pull it all together and make it happen. 

So, for all of you wanderlust filled travelers out there who want to travel the world and create the trip of your dreams that has YOU all over it, consider working with a travel professional like  Viva la Vida Travel. 

Bring your dreams to the table, let's talk about them, let's pick through experiences together in order to hand craft your travels. There's nothing better in the world then having someone listen to your dreams, who supports them and encourages you with an objective mind to transform them from dream phase to reality. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playa del Carmen vs. Cancun ~ What's the big difference?

La Limpia

Finding peace in Huatulco