Oh the people you meet!

I write about people a lot in my travel blogs because quite honestly, people fascinate me. People who are traveling and moving from one place to another fascinate me. People who are stagnant also fascinate me. People who I've never met fascinate me. While I am out and about in this world, I am always observing people and even more so when I am traveling. Folks who have taken a step to travel, whether it be to travel to Virginia to see the in-laws with their new baby or to venture further out of the country, they have taken a step out of their comfort zone. They are filled with passion, exhaustion, curiosity, and on some level, they  are risk takers whether they choose to believe it or not.

Photo taken in the Atlanta airport en route to Mexico
Traveling is not just getting from point A to point B. No, friends, it's more than that. You don't just take a cab ride without interacting with the cab driver ~ you engage with them, you tell them where you need to go. While at the airport, you aren't the only one going on an airplane ~ you are with hundreds, if not thousands of others who are standing in line to check-in, go through security or who are lounging around awaiting their flight. You are not the only one arriving to your destination with an adventure awaiting you. You my friend will never just take a trip ~ as cliche as it sounds, the trip takes you, so let it and enjoy it and the adventures and encounters that await you.

The beautiful part of traveling ~ moving yourself from one point to another ~ whether it be for vacation, work, or otherwise, is that you encounter people you would have never had the chance to meet in your regular life. The people who I have met on my travels, those who stand out in my memory, have been perfectly placed into my world for a reason. Our conversations, interactions, simple glances etc. have been thought provoking and inspiring and in no way have they been accidental encounters. Maybe it sounds hokey to some of you but once you start thinking about the people that you have connected with either in the airplane seat next to you, in the lounge chair next to you on the beach or wherever it may have been, you have both been enriched by your encounter and they have served a purpose in your existence, whether it be good or bad. Think about it, I know you'll agree.

There are some travelers who prefer to keep to themselves and just get to their destination without being "bothered or hassled" by petty interactions and to each their own, I guess. As a traveler and Dream Maker who is inspired by interactions, destinations, and cultures,  I encourage you all to open yourself up to those around you on your travels. There are no accidental encounters if you are willing to allow yourself  to open up to what is naturally waiting for you to experience ~ Viva la Vida, friends ~ It's why we are here  on this great planet. Enjoy the people around you on your travels as well as during your every day experiences, learn from them and get inspired by them.

Viva la Vida!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playa del Carmen vs. Cancun ~ What's the big difference?

La Limpia

Finding peace in Huatulco