It is what it is . . . or is it?

It’s so fun and always eye opening  to go on FAM trips, otherwise known as familiarization trips. It’s great to get to know the properties and the destinations but it’s also great to meet the sales managers and staff of the resorts. They are such gracious individuals and do such a good job at educating travel agents on their brand of hotel. 


What is especially fun is when we have a little down time to enjoy the property, lie on the beach and mingle with actual guests of the hotel. It’s fun to see where everyone comes from ~ Scotland, France, Brazil, Oklahoma, you name it, the world is traveling and they are traveling to Mexico! 

Maybe it's me or maybe it's just the vacation state of mind that people are in, but people are drawn to sharing their most intimate stories with me. I feel grateful for their immediate trust and relaxed state around me and I look forward to every time I hear the words, " Yeah, back home I . . . " as it is usually followed by a pretty great story.

I met a lady on the beach at El Dorado Seaside Suites who was from Oklahoma. She had never been to Mexico but confessed to me that she’d fallen in love with it
and would most definitely come back ~ maybe even move there! We got to talking about their trip and they had all kinds of excursions planned : Chichen Itza, Tulum, Swimming with the dolphins, you name it, they were planning on doing it. She summed up their travel week and followed it up with, “ And on Monday when I get back, I am having surgery on my breasts for cancer. It is what is , you know. What can you do? I gotta live life and enjoy it and everything will be okay.” I liked her energy and her attitude. She is here to enjoy and appreciate life . . . and by the looks of her tattoo on her leg that said in little kiddo scrawl, “ I love you nana”, she appreciates her family as well. There are a lot of folks who follow the Viva la Vida Travel mantra : Live life. Travel and it’s so rewarding to meet them and see that people see the value in travel and in of living life right out loud!



                                                                      Viva la Vida!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playa del Carmen vs. Cancun ~ What's the big difference?

La Limpia

Finding peace in Huatulco