Why on earth would I use a travel agent?

As I made the career switch from the ever glamorous social worker career to travel agent, there were a fair share of nay sayers that doubted the future of my new venture. To be honest with you, a career change is scary no matter what direction you take and blocking out the negative Nancy's and forging ahead with the new goal is not always the easiest task but is by far the most important thing to do, keeping in mind the reason for the career change in the first place. 
www.vivalavidatravel.com

Why would I choose to be a travel agent and compete with the mega travel booking sites such as Expedia, Travelocity and the like? Why would I do that to myself? The answer: I love travel and believe it to be a catalyst for personal change, growth and renewal and I need to be part of that change! Sure, it's tough competing against the big box vendors but that's exactly what they are : big, brown, generic boxes of travel. Ain't nothing personal going on with Expedia or Travelocity! Travel is complex and beautiful and should be approached as an investment of ones time and money instead of approached as finding a "good deal." 

So, here's the nitty gritty on why it's a great idea to use a travel agent when considering taking a vacation:

1. Personalized attention to YOUR needs.  I listen to my clients, I get to know them and build a relationship with them in order to understand just what they are all about and what they are looking to experience. A vacation is not just a package deal. It's a hand crafted itinerary created for my clients with their interests in mind. My clients travel better having used Viva la Vida Travel. I've got colleagues in the tourist industry throughout the world that I work with that help create amazing experiences just for YOU. It's pretty cool to get to your hotel after a long day of traveling and find a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for you with YOUR name on it. 

2. Value. I'm not talking about cheap ~ I hate that word. I'm talking about value. Value is getting the most out of your experience at a price that you can afford. We don't all have thousands and thousands of dollars to spend on extravagant holidays but we all deserve to have the best vacation possible at the price we can afford. A travel agent brings value to your well earned dollars.

3. Peace of Mind. If you're a well-versed traveler or a newbie, having someone else in your court who will answer your phone call 24/7 no matter what the issue or question you may be having is priceless. Missed a flight? No worries, I'll work through it and get you back on track. The last thing you want to have to do on your vacation is to have to stress out about logistics. I have your back, no need to worry.

4. Education, Experience and Expertise. I eat, breathe, sleep travel. I read about new destinations, attend webinars, complete product trainings, attend trade shows, etc. I immerse myself in the world of travel so that I am as knowledgable as possible about what's happening in the travel industry. I travel ~ which is a huge perk ~ just for you! It's a win/ win, really. I travel so that when you ask me what there is to do in say, Riviera Maya, Mexico or in Costa Rica, I have a  real life answer for you. I specialize in destinations that fuel my passion for travel( Mexico, Costa Rica and the Caribbean) but in the same breath, I continue to grow my specialties through education.

5. Travel agents rock! There are million reasons why using Viva la Vida Travel is in your best interest in planning your travels. Travel agents ( I'm talking about myself here) are patient, worldly, understanding, and supportive and last but not least, really get the importance of having a great and fulfilling time on vacation as well as in life in general. There's no greater thing to have in your life  than a  cheerleader and facilitator of your happiness ~ my happiness is multiplied when you are happy with your experience. It's as simple as that!

If you're looking for more convincing as to why you ought to consider using a travel agent, here's an article from Forbes magazine that you may find interesting! Viva la Vida!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playa del Carmen vs. Cancun ~ What's the big difference?

La Limpia

Finding peace in Huatulco