Why can't you?

I like to say that somehow my career in travel has been one that had been laid out before me well before I knew it. Dating back to my younger years when I was enamored with the idea of traveling to China and working side by side with the ladies in the rice paddies or when a new immigrant student would grace our classroom, I couldn't move in fast enough to learn all about them and be their friend; I knew that experiencing other cultures  was integral  to my over all well - being.

So, here I am:  forging my way in the travel industry, competing with big box online suppliers, and carving out a name for myself that will resonate with travelers as being their first choice in travel planning and support. Planning travel is more than just a paycheck for me. It's a way of being. It's away of channeling my love for other cultures and countries into other peoples lives. It's a way of living vicariously through other's travel joys when I myself am not able to travel. Travel is personal and life changing and is never to be taken lightly ~ ever.

I hear all the time a million reasons why people can't travel. "Oh, I could never do that. I don't have the money." or "That'd sure be nice, don't I wish." I try to be compassionate about their angst or hopelessness about not traveling but then on the other hand, I have to blurt out and say, "Why can't you??" Everyone has priorities in life and some folks simply like to imagine  their life through a television screen or via the web. They create some sort of fantasy land of what it could be like all the while carrying a grudge for those that are not making a screen their reality. Granted, I also cannot travel to the extent that I would like to ~ I have limitations that  make globe trotting with only a back pack and whim not realistic. However, I have made it a priority in my life to travel and spread the word that travel changes you.I thoroughly embrace the Viva la Vida Travel vision ~ live life. Travel.This is my life purpose ~it's what I do. I am inspired and in turn inspire.

People hear, feel and do things in their own time and there is never any amount of constant pressuring that gets people to really get up and live their lives that they dream of. Events happen in our lives. . . sometimes catastrophic events happen that wake us up to say, "Holy shit! life is short, I need to get on it and do. . . "  Why wait for a major life event to wake you up to living a fulfilled life? Maybe it's not travel you pine to do but maybe it's something else. Why wait to do it? Why can't you start that new hobby? Why can't you step out of your comfort zone? What do you have to lose? Self-esteem? How do you feel not trying new things? Wimpy? Comfortable? How do you feel when you try something you were scared shitless to do and you totally rock at it? There is no feeling comparable to stepping out of your comfort zone and succeeding. . .Nothing. at. all.

There ya go folks, Viva la Vida Travel is here for you. I'm here to inspire you to step off of that hamster wheel of a life you are living and take the next step to really living and loving your life. If you don't know where to start, call me and let's talk. Don't wait until it's too late to do what you've always wanted to do.  Viva la Vida!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playa del Carmen vs. Cancun ~ What's the big difference?

La Limpia

Finding peace in Huatulco