For the record





www.vivalavidatravel.com


This is going to be a short and sweet blog but I wanted to address something that has been floating through my mind lately. I am always talking about travel. I eat, breathe, sleep all things travel. It's what I do for a career and what I find most enjoyable in life. I often use the word "adventure" in my writings about travel because I personally feel that travel in any sense of the word is an adventure so I want to talk about it, right here, right now.

 According to Dictionary.com, the top three definitions of "adventure" as a noun are the following:

1. An exciting or very unusual experience.
2. Participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises.
3. A bold, risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.


I think that the first definition really embodies the essence of what I mean when I talk about adventures in travel. Travel in and of itself is an exciting and unusual experience. More often than not, we are traveling to places we've yet to visit, we're excited about it and to add the third definition into the mix, we are being bold in our actions simply by investing enough in ourselves to go on vacation in the first place. It would be safe to say that traveling in and of itself really is an adventure.

People have often told me, "Carmen, I don't know if I can travel like you,  I'm not sure I'm ready for one of your adventures." and I find myself having to explain  what I do for a living ( plan travel) versus what I personally prefer to do when I travel. As a Travel Ambassador, I am someone who inspires others to travel and plans their vacations;  my agenda is to simply create a travel experience that is unique to the traveler, not to me. My interests do not come into play when I plan vacations for others ~ it is not MY vacation that I am planning. I listen carefully to my clients to be sure that I understand just what they are wanting and then I create the trip precisely as they wish. That being said, I do believe that everyones travels are adventures ~ even if they just want to sit on the beach and get massages daily, it's their adventure, it's what is exciting for them. 

As for me personally, I am not a hard adventure kind of person. I prefer softer adventures like hiking, snorkeling, biking, and the like coupled with in depth cultural exploration of the destination.  I love trying new things and pushing myself just a bit outside of my comfort zone because I know that when that happens, growth happens and when growth happens, I become a better and stronger person and for me, that's my goal as a human on this earth. This is what I love to do and I understand that not everyone is the same. Your interests vary from mine and that's perfectly perfect!

You don't have to travel like me. You travel like YOU want to, I  am here to  guide you through the process and take the work out of vacation planning for you. It is my goal as a Travel Ambassador to help people find what moves them, and it's up to you, the traveler, to live your adventure to its fullest.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playa del Carmen vs. Cancun ~ What's the big difference?

La Limpia

Finding peace in Huatulco