Why specialize?




I recently got a phone call from a prospective client wondering if I planned travel to Europe. She had been looking at my website and based off of the content in my website, she was under the impression that I only did tropical vacations. Truth be told, the majority of the travels I plan are to warmer climates and most of my clients travel to Latin America and the Caribbean but . . .

In my conversation with the woman, I was clear to let her know that YES, I do plan European vacations and YES I do specialize in Latin America, I can do it all.  The fact that I specialize in one part of the world does not mean that I do not plan travels to other places, it simply means that Latin America and the Caribbean are near and dear to my heart and I know these places well, so I "specialize" in travel to these destinations.

I started my business because I love travel in all forms as well as to all parts of the world. The world is a big place and we can't specialize in everything. That being said, I continue my efforts to get know more and more destinations whether it be through online webinars and trainings, trade shows, networking events or by travel in and of itself. There is always something to be learned in the world of travel and I do my best to leave no stone unturned, to continue to learn how to plan the best trips to other countries outside of Latin America and the Caribbean, after all, it's good to be well-rounded.


People want to travel to Europe. They want to travel to Asia. They want to go off the beaten path and when they do, I pride myself on being ready for their request and to be able to fulfill their travel wishes.

We must love what we do to be successful at our jobs and I love what I do. I am enamored with Latin America and the Caribbean and believe and know that these destinations will never disappoint the traveler if the trip is prepared correctly. It's important to know people in the countries you send travelers to so that they can honor your clients visit as graciously as I honor planning their trip. It's vital to understand the cultures and customs of a destination to be able to best prepare a traveler for their upcoming experience. It's simply good to have the experience of having "been there, done that."

For the times when I haven't "been there, done that", I count on my trusty, well-traveled colleagues who provide in immense amount of support in planning travels in new destinations. I dig deep to find the in's and out's of the destination, the hotel, the tour operator ~ all of it. I get to know the destination  well simply by planning it and by the time the traveler has returned home, I feel as though I have traveled myself.

So to answer the question, " Do you only book tropical, Latin American or Caribbean travel? " or "Do you only book adventure travel?" My answer is a resounding, "No." I plan travel ~ all kinds of travel but if you want someone who has a deep understanding of Mexico, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean, Viva la Vida Travel ought to be your first choice in travel agencies. If you want to go to Nepal or maybe Australia, no worries, I can get you there and I can ensure you'll have a great time ~ even if I don't specialize in Nepal.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playa del Carmen vs. Cancun ~ What's the big difference?

La Limpia

Finding peace in Huatulco