Passion.


Today I was interviewed by a college student who considered me to be a person who is living her passion. Needless to say, I was humbled that she considered me as "that" person. I've always considered  travel in any form as an integral part of my life. Dating back to the days of my youth in Grand Forks, North Dakota, when I befriended the refugee kids from Cambodia and Pakistan, intrigued by their culture and struggles. My "passion" for everything global came from a place deep inside of me that yearned to understand other cultures and traditions. It came from a place that craved something different ~ something profound. As a little girl, I fantasized of working the rice paddies of China ~ I longed to feel the authenticity of their culture. The feeling of "oneness" yet embracing our differences. At a very young age, I realized and felt the power of connecting with other cultures and have craved it and pursued it throughout my life.

Sometimes we don't know the direction we are headed in terms of following our passions. We do know, however, that when we are in the moment of something that "fills" us up, that there is a sense of being truly alive and understanding our place in the world. In my quest to keep filling my cup with everything related to travel : planning and booking travel, writing about travel and experiencing travel, I know that at the end of the day, this is where I belong and "this" ( defined loosely with freedom to expand) is my passion.

Travel is my passion. Exploring different cultures is my passion. Having "ah-ha" moments that forever leave an imprint on my soul is my passion. Helping others to have their own "ah-ha" moments is my passion.

I am not YET in the league of others who are traveling the world wide, who are professional travel writers, who are moving and shaking in terms of global awareness, but I can tell you this : I am on my way. Viva la Vida Travel is my business name and it is also my motto for life. I've found my passion and intend to nurture it until I am no longer able to . . . until that day, ADELANTE CON FUERZA!

Viva la Vida!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playa del Carmen vs. Cancun ~ What's the big difference?

La Limpia

Finding peace in Huatulco